Overview: Students practice buying and selling items.
Set up: Students are in groups of about 4. Each group will decide what kind of shop they’ll make and write a list of 5 items they have for sale and the price.
- Once the shops are set up, half of the members of each group will look after the shop and the other half go shopping at the other shops.
- The shops will make a list of the items they sold and the shoppers write down what they bought and the prices.
- Allow buyer and sellers to negotiate deals, such as lower prices or two for one.
- After you feel they’ve talked enough, get the buyers and sellers to swap places.
- Tell the students the prices have to be between $1-100 and the shop that can make the most money wins.
- It can be useful to give them a few set phrases to practice.