Overview: In groups students use their bodies to make shapes
- Put the students into groups of 2-5
- Tell them to make a shape using their bodies. They have to include everyone in the group. Encourage them to use their armband legs.
- Each group has to find a different way to make the shape or shapes.
- When they’ve finished, they shout out ‘Finished!’ and the teacher checks it.
- The first group gets 3 points, the second group gets 2 etc. You can also give points for the most creative shapes or just five points to the first team.
- Alternatively, the last group or any group that can’t make a unique one within the time limit is out, and the game continues until there’s one team left.
- Some examples are:
– Two diamonds
– 1 star
– 1 square and 3 circles
- This activity can be a good time filler or even a team building activity, and it’s nice as it gets students out of their chairs.
For more ideas for easy teaching activities, check out the Take it Easy Teaching book.